hello everyone, i have an HP server with 96GB Memory but unfortunately 32GB was detected when i was installing Red Hat Linus OS, after some months i carried out maintenance work on the server and 96GB was detected by the system but my Red Hat Linux OS is not seeing the entire 96GB RAM but 32GB, how do i make my Red Hat Linux OS see the entire 96GB RAM on the system?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

What version of RHEL are you using? If you aren't running a current 64-bit system, such as an older 32-bit system with extended memory support, then you may be limited to 32GB. IE, install a current RHEL (or clone such as CentOS) x86_64 version. The 64-bit OS can handle both 64-bit as well as 32-bit software, so you should be ok as far as running legacy code is concerned, though occasionally there may be shared library issues.

am using RHEL 6 with 64 bit system. I want to be able to make the RHEL 6 see the entire 96GB without having to reinstall the OS.

am using RHEL 6 with 64 bit system. I want to be able to make the RHEL 6 see the entire 96GB without having to reinstall the OS.

There may be a BIOS configuration issue, or the memory is not properly installed. RHEL 6 should see all of the RAM without problems.

I think there was a problem with the system when it was initially displaying 32GB RAM when RHEL 6 was being installed and now after opening and cleaning the system, the system is now seeing the 96GB installed but RHEL 6 installation was already completed with 32GB, how do i now make RHEL 6 see the entire 96GB RAM without having to re-install the OS?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.