jkon 602 Posting Whiz in Training Featured Poster

Hello, first of all let me clarify that I am just a programmer but I needed a dedicated server , with no many modification so I bought an unmanaged dedicated server from a hosting company (I try to avoid using their support as they stated a lot that this is an unmanaged server)

This company provides one IP for root server and a /64 IPv6 Subnet. Setting up the WHM I noticed that it has some fixed Name Servers (I want to use my own ns1.example.com ns2.example.com).

What I have done so far:
1- I added a new reverse dns entry for IP’s (IPv6) inside the subnet reversed to ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com .
2- I configured through the registration company that ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com points to that IP’s respectively.
3- I modified the NS of that domain (example.com) to ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com

The problem is what to do after that … I checked /etc/nameserverips and is empty. When I try to create an account through WHM I get only the option to use the pre fixed IP addresses , e.g. to create an account for example.com . I understand that I can modify those through “Basic cPanel and WHM setup” but I doubt that adding ns1.example.com and ns2.example.com there would make any difference . More over I want to have the option to add more name servers in the future.

Under DNS function > Nameservers IP’s is empty (and of course I can’t add something through there).

Please if anybody has knowledge and experience of how to add those nameservers in such way that I can use them through WHM & cPanel , help.

Thank you in advance.