Hello

I have a problem with my new acer computer on Windows 8, it doesnt work and reboot all the time
I had try to save all my data before send it to buyer because I think he will only format my hard disk to reinstall windows and some data are very important for me
With Linux I could see my 2 hard disk and for one of it I could copy all data. On the second nothing could be done and I have this error message. Somebody could help me ?

Error mounting /dev/sda4 at /media/mint/Acer: Command-line `mount -t "ntfs" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid,uid=999,gid=999,dmask=0077,fmask=0177" "/dev/sda4" "/media/mint/Acer"' exited with non-zero exit status 14: Windows is hibernated, refused to mount.
Failed to mount '/dev/sda4': Operation not permitted
The NTFS partition is in an unsafe state. Please resume and shutdown
Windows fully (no hibernation or fast restarting), or mount the volume
read-only with the 'ro' mount option.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Try manually mounting the partition at /dev/sda4 without all the options you are using, but with a read-only option. What Linux OS are you trying to use to recover your data? I assume that you are booting from a Linux CD or DVD? Or is your system dual-booted?

I think this is Linux Mint 16, codename Petra on USB device

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.