servertweak 0 Newbie Poster

Intro

I saw alot of threads here and i like to help out as i have done this in the pass. This how to will show you how to get started from DNS to OS software.

WINDOWS HOW TO (For 98, 2000, XP)

Install time: 20-30 mins

Step 1

You will need mysql, php , ftp , and all the good stuff between. to get it all at once then you need to go here [ http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html ] and download the latest package.

What does it come with?

Apache HTTPD 2.0.53, MySQL 4.1.11, PHP 5.0.4 + 4.3.11 + PEAR + Switch, MiniPerl 5.8.3, Openssl 0.9.7f, PHPMyAdmin 2.6.1 pl3, XAMPP Control Panel 1.0, eAccelerator 0.9.2a, Webalizer 2.01-10, Mercury Mail Transport System für Win32 und NetWare Systems v4.01a, FileZilla FTP Server 0.9.6a, SQLite 2.8.15, ADODB 4.60, Zend Optimizer 2.5.7, XAMPP Security.

Step 2:

Follow the easy steps to install

Step 3: DNS

I like to use easyDNS to point my domain to Server IP, you can do so by going to www.easydns.com. Create your account which is free and easy to use, Please follow the online information

All done :)

LINUX HOW TO:

Install time: 15-20 mins

Step 1

Go to [ http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-linux.html ] and download the lastest
from there go to your terminal, and run the following comands:

Step 2: Installation

After downloading simply type in the following commands:

1. Go to a Linux shell and login as the system administrator root:

su

2. Extract the downloaded archive file to /opt:

tar xvfz xampp-linux-1.4.13.tar.gz -C /opt

Warning: Please use only this command to install XAMPP. DON'T use any Microsoft Windows tools to extract the archive, it won't work.

Warning 2: already installed XAMPP versions get overwritten by this command.

That's all. XAMPP is now installed below the /opt/lampp directory.

Step 3: Start

To start XAMPP simply call this command:

/opt/lampp/lampp start

You should now see something like this on your screen:

Starting XAMPP 1.4.13...
LAMPP: Starting Apache...
LAMPP: Starting MySQL...
LAMPP started.

Ready. Apache and MySQL are running.

I like to use easyDNS to point my domain to Server IP, you can do so by going to www.easydns.com. Create your account which is free and easy to use, Please follow the online information

All done :)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Ivan Gonzalez
ServerTweak Network!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.