Hello!

Ive downloaded mdk 10.0 from linuxiso.

Is this version fit to run as an enterprise server?

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

In what capacity (PDC, file server, web server, etc.); and in what network environmment?

Give us more specific info concerning the role the Mandy 10 machine will play, and in what network environment it will be doing so

Should be a PDC, DHCP, LTSP in our LAN.

Or I should have asked were there any features stripped from the downloadable version?

Features shouldn't have been stripped, but depending on what installation mode you used, many of the server functions may not have been installed by default.

Sorry I can't post more right now, but it's time to start dinner, so I have to log off.

Should be a PDC, DHCP, LTSP in our LAN.

Or I should have asked were there any features stripped from the downloadable version?

Nothing is stripped, there are 6 cd's worth of love for the taking. I currently use Mandrake for kiosks, workstations, POS systems, web/database servers, mail servers, laptops, and even on an iMac. You get to choose security settings on install as well as choosing which applications to install.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.