ok, if anybody has had this and knows how to fix it please tell me.

Wheneve I try to run any CD game or something in my C: drive (local Disk) it comes up with this error:
--------------------------------------------------------------
An exception 0E has occured at 0028:c18281DD in V x D scs:1hlp(03) + 0000052D. This was called from 0028:C18281C0 in V x D scs:1hlp(03) + 00000510. It may be possible to continue normally.

Although it never continues normally and I always end up having to manually restart my computer. If somebody could PLEASE tell me how to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated as I do not have money enough to take my computer in to a shop and get it fixed professionally.

thanks in advance.

-Braden

oh yeah, and this is Windows Me if you needed to know.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Whenever I try to run any CD game or something in my C: drive (local Disk) it comes up with this error:
An exception 0E has occured at 0028:c18281DD in V x D scs:1hlp(03)...

Start by downloading & installing ASPI4All from http://www.mamba.cc/tech/aspi4all.htm

which harmonizes all parts of the ASPI layer. Read the instructions to find out why this is a good thing. As noted in the instructions: after extraction (and before running the package) run the included ASPIchk program to see just how munged your ASPI layer is... I guarantee that it is!

This works for all version of Windows. IDE CDs (especially burners) are nearly always accessed using SCSI emulation, so this has a good chance of fixing the problem.

This is a process that I run on all my Windows installs--it really makes a difference.

ok, i downloaded it and upgraded so now i'm guessing just try and run my game or something again?

i'll try that and then tell you what happens. I hope this works.

-Braden

Ok, I ran the ASPIchk thingy, and it popped up a window and said it was fully operational although it didn't work when i ran my game again. The same "exception" came up. Is there some step in installing this that I missed or something?

I'm wondering if i should just run my reboot disk i'd have to get my parent's permission to make sure they could save anything they wanted before running (on a disk or something) but if i don't get any other ideas that's what it's going to result in.

ok, it's fixed. I needed a new CD drive, which I got and installed. I still don't really know what was wrong with my old one, but right now I don't really care.

-Braden

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.