When I start up windows I recieve a message that says , Cannot find a device file that may be needed to run Windows or a Windows application. The Windows registry or System.ini file refers to this device file,but the file no longer exists, If you deleted this file on purpose, try unistalling the associated application using its unistall or setup program. I you still want to use the application associated with this device file, try reinstalling that application to replace the missing file.
vsdata95.vxd

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

It's a file left over from removing ZoneAlarm. Try this.
Editing the registry is the fastest method, but you have a lot more potential to cause serious problems. If you decide to proceed, use caution. Deleting the wrong entry can cause applications to fail, your computer to become unstable or not boot at all. You've been warned, be careful! First, click Start, then Run, then type in Regedit and press enter. In Regedit navigate to: HKEY_LOACAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD. Next click on the plus sign to expand it and you will see a long list of VxD's. Locate VSDATA95.VXD and highlight vsdata95.vxd then press the delete key to remove it. Close Regedit and restart your system.

I Wont To Thank You That Helped But Im Still Not Able To Use My Mouse If You Can Could You Please Help Me. Thanks So Much

It would help if you told us the whole story. There was nothing about a mouse not working in your original post. What happened to your PC? When did the mouse stop? Did you try a different mouse? What operating system are you using? How old is the machine? Stuff like that.

My mouse know works fine, but I am not able to play music when I try to play music I recieve the following message{Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There may not be a sound device installed on your computer, it may be in use by another program, or it may not be functioning properly.} could someone help me with this problem.Thanks.

As bentkey asked, what OS are you using? If you know how to get to the Device Manager, check to see if there are any devices that are not working properly. If there are, try reinstalling the drivers.

If you are having any other problems, can you please list them all together? Multiple problems could have one central cause. But even if they don't, you get everything fixed quicker. :)

I am using windows 98 second edition.All devices are working properly.My color shows funny it will only let me be in 16 colors when I try to go to a higher colors it wont let me

I'm thinking it might be best for you just to locate your original Windows installation media and do a clean OS reinstall. It sounds like you've got several fun driver conflicts and screw-ups going on in there.

Can you even devise a means to back up your data?

i got critecal eror whati will do?

Can you start a new thread and post your problem. Info we need. What Os you are using? What is your problem? Computer model and brand? Everything in a need thread. Thanks and good luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.