canoe81 0 Newbie Poster

2 nights ago my internet went out because of a storm in the area- so I turned off my comp and turned off the battery backup (otherwise it just beeps continuously if power is out). The next morning when I turned on the battery backup, it screamed at me (constant tone) so I turned it off again, waited a few seconds, and turned it back on- everything seemed fine.

Now I can turn on my computer, play for several hours but when my game crashes or requires reboot, it won't boot back up. Gives me constant bsods. When I run memtest after a crash, it just loops infinite errors. When I run memtest first thing in the morning (comp has been off all night), it reports 0 errors.

Yesterday for the first time I see the bsod tells me my bios is missing ACPI support, and I should disable APCI support if I'm not able to update my bios (something along those lines). Restarted 2 other times, same error message. So I turned off my comp, turned it on again today.. boots up windows with no problem. I figure I'm in for the same problem by the end of the day, and I'd better find a solution incase its causing more permanent damage.

=======================

I have a see-through case, one thing I noticed is the blue light on my 680i motherboard. It stays on even if my computer is turned off. The light goes out tho if I turn off my battery backup.

I'm wondering if something fried when I turned the battery backup on, or if it corrupted the bios. I dont want to mess anything up if I flash the bios, any ideas? The memtest thing has me confused, why does it report 0 errors now, then bugs out if I run it after a crash (or is that normal?) Maybe someone can make sense of this, thanks.