I have a problem on a PC running Win XP Home Edition. Internet Expolrer 7.0 runs fine for the main user but VERY SLOW for the second one to the point of SOMETIMES timing out. They are both administrator accounts. The problem started soon after upgrade from IE-6. I reverted back to IE-6 and still have the same problem. I've run AdAware, Spybot Search/Destroy, Systemworks "One Button Checkup", and Win Startup Inspector with no change to the problem. I even added another account and that one also is slow. What else can I try?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Jim

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

You can post a hijackthis log and i can take a look at it for you. Malware might be the cause.

We have the same problem. My XP is so slow in the 2nd level users. It only work fine with the admin login while the users login it run so slow

this can happend if you leave the first user account loged on while your on the second

no. it is on the beginning of the PC. The PC just start and no other account open.

I have a problem on a PC running Win XP Home Edition. Internet Expolrer 7.0 runs fine for the main user but VERY SLOW for the second one to the point of SOMETIMES timing out. They are both administrator accounts. The problem started soon after upgrade from IE-6. I reverted back to IE-6 and still have the same problem. I've run AdAware, Spybot Search/Destroy, Systemworks "One Button Checkup", and Win Startup Inspector with no change to the problem. I even added another account and that one also is slow. What else can I try?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Jim

I also having in this problem, please suggest me

Problem is solve when i reformat the PC. I did not use any additional users anymore. All log are admin level

I was encountering the same problem. The second user account that was created (admin account with Windows XP), IE8 would be very slow starting up.

What I done was change some of the Search settings.

In IE8, click on Tools, then Internet Options, then on the General Tab, for Search it was then settings. It was mainly disabling some of the add-ons. Under Toolbars and Extensions, I disabled a few of the items that I never used, I kept most Google items, Java stuff and Norton Stuff. Under Accelerators, I removed a bunch from there that I haven't used... and not using InPrivate Filtering. Then I kept all Lan Settings unchecked.

After all was done, restarted the computer logged on the the main account, then switched to the second user account, and things started up much faster than before.

It worked for me at least....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.