When I try to move mail from my inbox to a folder, I get:
"Can't copy the items. You don't have permisssion to create an entry in this folder. Right-click the folder, and then click Properties to check your permissions for the folder,. See the folder owner or your administrator to change your permissions"

I am the only user, and the only profiles on the machine are the one with my name and the "Administrator"

All folders' Properties\Administration tabs show the options for folder availability greyed out.

Initial view on folder, the only option not grayed out, is "Normal"; attempting to change that gets a message that changes made on the administration tab cannot be saved.

I'm running Outlook 2003 under XP Pro,.

I'm having the exact same problem, and also can't add or edit any calendar entries. It only started a few days ago. Up until then, everything running as normal.
No reply to posting on MS discussion board either.

I have the same problem with Outlook 2003. If I create a new email account it would fix it. Now it is back and will not let me add an entry to anyfolder under Inbox, but I can add a folder to Inbox. It started after XP3 update, not sure if it is really related.

Hi

I am having the exact same issues. did anyone have a resoliution for this problem?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.