Google has just released the beta of its brand new web browser called Chrome. I have used it a little bit now and I really like it. All of the extras it offers are very cool, but the best part as far as I've seen is the AMAZING speed that it opens web pages. It opens flash saturated web pages in a heartbeat! The only downfall that I can see is it's not to comfortable on the eyes, but maybe thats just me. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

http://www.google.com/chrome

Here are some of the features according to google:

"One box for everything
Type in the address bar and get suggestions for both search and web pages.

Thumbnails of your top sites
Access your favorite pages instantly with lightning speed from any new tab.

Shortcuts for your apps
Get desktop shortcuts to launch your favorite web applications."

This is NOT spam, I'm just informing the daniweb community that there is another choice for web browsers, as of yesterday

Cheers,

~Mike

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I'm also trying it now. One nice thing about is are the thumbnails of your recently opened websites, very convenient. It's still in beta so we can expect more features in the future.

Chrome's good and fresh. Hope Cuil comes out with its own. I'd have another option.

ok, i like chrome too, it is still in beta and makes quite a few laptops bsod, so that can prove a problem...

i do love chrome, i love the speed, and i love the most visited page, googling from the address bar, i THINK that it might use google itself to find a site and loads a cache from google, then goes through with the actual website, either that or it caches the pages like google web accelerator does, the acceslorator used 3 gigs of my hd, before i noticed... /cry

i still love it though

i didnt really like chrome, i gess it really suks

i think i prefer to stick with ff, chrome is good its light weight and looks like it has potential (its Google's so..) but it still messes up some websites, probably a few glitches here and there.

One box for everything - Type in the address bar and get suggestions for both search and web pages.

Um, that feature has been available since IE 3 lol ?

first time i used it, i really liked it and i even downloaded it immediately but what i feel they should work on is its downloading speed and the shortcut buttons most are hidden

Yeah it's good, i don't use it often though.

Firefox forever :P.

Cohen

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.