Hi my name is Christina and Ijust added some memory to my computer that had an XP upgrade on it. My computer is an HP Pavilion 8750C. When I tried to download XP again it said my BIOS needed udating so I went to the update hardware site and download the info that I needed and then when I tried to download it on my computer it said " Cannot flash when Memory Mangagers are present" . So therefore I havent got to download it yet so I can put XP on it, then network it with my other computer that has XP on it. What exactly are memory mangers? Are they the new memory cards that I put in my computer?? My grasp of computers goes only so far. Well I need to find out what Memory Managers are, so I can download the new BIOS. So then I can download XP the upgrade. Then after I download XP then I can renetwork my computer again to my other computer that runs xp. Can someone please help me?
I just should add that the reason why I am trying to put XP back on my computer is that the night before I added new memory I just cold turned my comp off so when I put my new cards in I hadn't turned the comp on as of yet and when I did it said it couldnt start back up regularly because of new hardware and instead of taking out the memory cards and just starting the comp up and then adding them back , I just reformatted it all. /sigh...yes I know..pretty stupid but I wasnt really in thinking mode at the time. So if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi my name is Christina and Ijust added some memory to my computer that had an XP upgrade on it. My computer is an HP Pavilion 8750C. When I tried to download XP again it said my BIOS needed udating so I went to the update hardware site and download the info that I needed and then when I tried to download it on my computer it said " Cannot flash when Memory Mangagers are present" . So therefore I havent got to download it yet so I can put XP on it, then network it with my other computer that has XP on it. What exactly are memory mangers? Are they the new memory cards that I put in my computer?? My grasp of computers goes only so far. Well I need to find out what Memory Managers are, so I can download the new BIOS. So then I can download XP the upgrade. Then after I download XP then I can renetwork my computer again to my other computer that runs xp. Can someone please help me?
I just should add that the reason why I am trying to put XP back on my computer is that the night before I added new memory I just cold turned my comp off so when I put my new cards in I hadn't turned the comp on as of yet and when I did it said it couldnt start back up regularly because of new hardware and instead of taking out the memory cards and just starting the comp up and then adding them back , I just reformatted it all. /sigh...yes I know..pretty stupid but I wasnt really in thinking mode at the time. So if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

helloo
I JUST red ur QUESTION regarding ur BIOS problem
I THINk i could help u out ( though i got lil knowlege ; which i would like to share with u))
PLZ reply ME back
=ur bios vergion and date u downloaded
the website
U can try these steps as well
save all ur setup files to flopy=====but NOTE !!! u have to b very carefull before doing any step
ya so prepare a windows startup( ON WIN 98 OS) disk( u can get it one by running wizard addremove program,,,,shose startup dicsk tab )))
restart u p computer with that WIN 98 startup disk
start comp with cd rom suport
once it finished everything goes to A:/ then take out startup disk
then put the disk (((the one u have saved BIOS files)) ,,,,,,
then run the bios file ((( I DOnt knw which bios u downloaded,,,if it is from HP then u should write "biosupdt"
and pres enter
after it completes everything,,and prompt u to restart
then go to SYS startup and load default settings by pressing f5 and then press f10 save and exit
and BOOOOOOOOM
ur done :D:D:D:D:D
ENJOYYY
PLZZZZ GIVE ME UR FEED BACK MISS CHRISTANA

and dont b stranger to ask Question (( take me as ur frind:))

errmmmmmm..........

Perhaps you should look at the date the thread was created. This topic has been 'dead' for 18 months or more! I hardly think Christina is going to still be trying to update that BIOS!

Please don't revive old, dead topics for no useful purpose.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.