througheye 0 Newbie Poster

Hello everybody
Howdy? I am facing i irritating problem. Please help me I'm using Windows XP Professional. I setup IIS in XP for the purpose of working web development related work. After install i go over,

Computer management console(mycomputer->right click->manage or start->control->administrative tools)
I right-clicked & selected properties in the "Default Web Site" & the "Default Web Site Properties" box opens.I am not touch "Website Description" name & "Home Directory" tab various parametr. I even not touch "Local Path" which i planned later change.I've done everything from various tutorial intruction.

And no when i type 127.0.0.1 or localhost and hit enter in the browser address bar it shows
"You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this directory

I know i am 100% correct at least about installation of IIS. But what went wrong. As far as i know when type 127.0.0.1 there has to be a html default page like "Under Construction page".
i Change the parameter of security tab under the properties of "default web site" which is under computer management, by tuining like uncheck anonymous. Again by checking anonymous but this time give a user name and pass. But nothing works.
All it shows
"You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this directory."
Please help. I am trying to solve this problem since 4-5 hours.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.