About a week ago the entire top of my Explorer browser disappeared. I.e. I have no forward/backward buttons, no address bar, nothing. I have not been able to determine how this happened or what I can do to fix it. Luckily my homepage has a websearch option on it so I am not completely disabled but I would really like to know what to do about this.
Can someone out there help?
Thanks a lot,
Ben in Holland

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

About a week ago the entire top of my Explorer browser disappeared. I.e. I have no forward/backward buttons, no address bar, nothing. I have not been able to determine how this happened or what I can do to fix it. Luckily my homepage has a websearch option on it so I am not completely disabled but I would really like to know what to do about this.
Can someone out there help?
Thanks a lot,
Ben in Holland

Hit the f11 or run the mouse over the toolbar,see if you get anything .if you have all the different stuff unchecked when you right click on the toolbar and auto hide on , and hit the f11 key you would have nothing showing untill you pass the mouse over the toolbar

Hit the f11 or run the mouse over the toolbar,see if you get anything .if you have all the different stuff unchecked when you right click on the toolbar and auto hide on , and hit the f11 key you would have nothing showing untill you pass the mouse over the toolbar

Caperjack,

I can't believe that is all I had to do! I have been sitting here for weeks barking up different wrong trees -- since it disappeared so suddenly I assumed it was something terrible. A million thanks.

Ben

Caperjack,

I can't believe that is all I had to do! I have been sitting here for weeks barking up different wrong trees -- since it disappeared so suddenly I assumed it was something terrible. A million thanks.

Ben

Your Welcome .hard to believe ,I didn't really think that was it ,just a quess!

F11 worked instantly! Thanks for the help!

F11 worked instantly! Thanks for the help!

your welcome

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.