madhusvuce 0 Newbie Poster

I’ve developed a website using ASP.NET 2.0 & deployed it on IIS 6.0.I’m using Cookies to store user related information. The expiry of this cookie is set for ‘7’ days. In IIS one new application pool is created to be used by my web site. This application pool is configured to ‘recycle’ for every 24 hours.
Now the problem is after recycling the server is not accepting cookies & appending the cookies which i create through my code.

This is what I’m doing to test application.

1)I’ve browsed the application from browser & ensured that cookies is created.This cookies will be expired after 7 days after its creation.That means if i close the my browser & navigate to the site with in 7 days it should show the content relevant to me based on the cookie.
2) After the app pool is recycled , if i navigate to the site the cookie is not identified by the server or website.The cookie is still available in browser(this i can ensure if my browser is Mozilla Firefox).if i restart the web server & open the website in my browser its working fine.

What might be problem ?
Addition info :
*The application or above problem has got nothing to do with ASP.NET Session.
*The application is working perfectly fine in IIS 5.0 (This gives me a conclusion that there is nothing wrong in my code).

Is there any idea ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.