Actually i know the way to change folder background...
But my problem is why i must set the folder icon so that it generate the desktop.ini file then only i can change the background..
I try to copy the desktop.ini file and the picture file in the folder which already can display background.. I copy to another new folder but it doesn't display the background.. Only when i change the folder icon so that the background picture will display...
Is it has any way to skip change icon step?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

There are several methods - all generally following the TweakUI's method of refreshing the icon cache.

But in all honesty, EVERY alternate method is actually more time consuming that simply changing the icon through the Properties setting, so not really worth it.

It seems that there is a program called Stardock Object Desktop. Google it and try.

There are several methods - all generally following the TweakUI's method of refreshing the icon cache.

But in all honesty, EVERY alternate method is actually more time consuming that simply changing the icon through the Properties setting, so not really worth it.

Exactly !!! Why go through such trouble just to change the appearance ! it really is not worth it mate

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.