My child has been up to no good on my computer. I found one site he forgot to delete. I want to see what else is in my computer. I know there is a deleted history and maybe even a visited page record.But in my ignorance I can't seem to figure it out! If anyone can help, it would help me know what I am dealing with. Thanks so much!

Recommended Answers

All 21 Replies

Well little timmy is gonna get in big trouble are you using mozilla or Internet Explorer

Well little timmy is gonna get in big trouble are you using mozilla or Internet Explorer

I have internet explorer :rolleyes:

this is a different question does anyone know how to find someones e-mail address by using their ip address

No I don't think its possible to find an e-mail through an IP

These posts are in the wrong forum anyways.

Anyhow, if the person has sent you an email then yes you can find the IP address of the PC of where the email was sent from.

And I'm not quite sure how you would find out all the websites that someone has been to if they already deleted the history. But something I would advise would be to check the Cookies as well, since many websites place cookies into your browser when you visit (including DaniWeb - to check if you are logged in or not, but other websites use it to track if you have been to their website, etc.)

Also, I would suggest using NetNanny or something similar next time so that you can track everything they do.

He was asking the oppisite he wanted to know how to get an email from an IP that would be pretty hard considering most emails arent tied to one computer.

suffice it to say that instead of wondering what sites have been visited, just put a blocker on the browser or a password on the computer. However, they will always find a way.

Ogden Nash said ¨Oh, what a tangled web parents weave when they think that their children are naive.¨

commented: great comment! +5

These posts are in the wrong forum anyways.

Anyhow, if the person has sent you an email then yes you can find the IP address of the PC of where the email was sent from.

And I'm not quite sure how you would find out all the websites that someone has been to if they already deleted the history. But something I would advise would be to check the Cookies as well, since many websites place cookies into your browser when you visit (including DaniWeb - to check if you are logged in or not, but other websites use it to track if you have been to their website, etc.)

Also, I would suggest using NetNanny or something similar next time so that you can track everything they do.

If these posts are in the wrong forum, which one should they be in ?

I think this would be best in the Windows Software forum, so I've moved it accordingly; if anyone thinks it would be better off elsewhere, PM myself, or another moderator, and we'll consider it.

I don't think you can recover the History that has already been deleted, but you can edit the registry so it can no longer be removed. See regedit #101 here:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Be sure to read their instructions and disclaimer at the top of the page before downloading anything.

My child has been up to no good on my computer. I found one site he forgot to delete. I want to see what else is in my computer. I know there is a deleted history and maybe even a visited page record.But in my ignorance I can't seem to figure it out! If anyone can help, it would help me know what I am dealing with. Thanks so much!

well my boyfriend is up to no good i need to know how now!!!!!!

If you are looking to see what pictures have been viewed on the Internet a good and quick program for that is McGruff Disk Check and is at www.McGruffsInternetSafety.com. It will quickly show you the images on a computer along with when the picture was created and last viewed. Hope this helps!

I Would Like To Find The History On The Computer .

The history is in:

My computer
C:Documents and Settings\*****\Local Settings\History

Where ***** is replaced by the name of the logged-in user.

Be quick, because it is kept for only a week.

ok....to find deleted history on IE....in your start menu, click run. then type in regedit after that drop down HKEY_CURRENT_USER then drop down "software" then "microsoft" next is "internet explorer"....finally "typed URL" now this is only good if your "person" has not caught on to this already. If they have they can delete it in the same way.

I deleted some Web History today, i have mozilla firefox instead of internet explorer. How do i recover my deleted web history data.

I deleted some Web History today. I have mozilla firefox instead of internet explorer. How do i recover my lost Web History

I deleted some Web History today, i have mozilla firefox instead of internet explorer. How do i recover my deleted web history data.

. I am a Windows XP user and i would like to recover my web history that i deleted a few hours back today.

Help me find my deleted web history that i deleted today

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.