Hi,

I have Windows 98 installed and IE 6. The latest fixes are installed from Microsoft website. Last time I used the computer, several weeks ago, it was fine.

The computer wont load Ebay, will load Yahoo but not the title bar etc at the top of the page and wont then load any of the linked pages when you click the links.

It will not load www.microsoft.com but will load support.microsoft.com.

It seems that its just useful websites/ sites I visit frequently it doesn't like.

I assumed this was some sort of virus - have used Mcaffee free virus scan over the net - found one trojan and I deleted the file. I installed Avast and have run that, found another trojan and deleted the file.

I have scanned for adware and Spyware and removed the relevant items.

I have removed temp files and all temp internet files and cookies.

I then installed Firefox browser and that behaves in the same manner as IE 6.

When trying to load ebay, after a few seconds the message at the bottom left of the IE screen reads: //C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/navcancl.htm

If you would need further details of the problem, please let me know.

If anyone knows how to cure this without a complete reformat and reinstallation, please could they let me know as I have been trying for several hours now,

Many thanks in advance,

Pete

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi ,welcome to DaniWeb .give this a try !
Repair Internet Explorer: Go to Start - Settings - Control Panel - choose Add-Remove
Programs. Click to highlight Internet Explorer then click the Change-Remove tab -
choose Repair I.E. OK - Yes. If you get a message saying it can't be repaired, you'll
need to reinstall it.

If the above doesn't help try the following .

This problem could occur because of Spyware , go on over to the Security section of this fourm and post you problem along with a hijackthis log .
Spyware & Trojans and Other Nasties
Please Don't post the hijackthis log in this section Thanks .

Please do this.
Download 'Hijack This!'. HijackThis
Save it in a convenient permanent folder such as C:\HJT\, double click HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

Or HERE if that link fails to work or you don't have a zip program installed .

Your copy of HijackThis needs to be in a folder of it's own. When HJT fixes anything, it makes backups of the original files in the folder it is in. Since Temporary folders are emptied now and then (the files are DELETED), it would not be a good idea to have your backups there. Those backups would be VITAL to restoring your system if something went wrong in the FIX process!

1. Please go to you're 'My Documents' folder, right-click and select 'New > Folder' then name the folder 'HJT'.

2. Copy and paste HijackThis.exe to the new folder.

3. Close ALL windows except HJT

4. SCAN with HJT

5. POST the new log in this thread using 'Add Reply'

DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES OR CLICK "FIX CHECKED" UNTIL WE CHECK THE LOG, AS SOME OF THE FILES ARE LEGIT AND VITAL TO YOUR COMPUTER'S HEALTH

Thanks for your help so far - I have posted the log and this thread to the security section ( I had tried the repair and restore function for IE 6 but forgot to mention - apologies!)

Pete

HI i have the same problem, Monday everything fine, wednesday and the month since then loads of pages including ebay hotmail and microsoft won't load.
I DID FORMAT MY PC and it's the same so don't waste your time. i think it must be either my service provider or something evil in the web.
Hope some one has answers as i'm an ebay addict going insane.

Welcome to the site!

Good luck :)

Hi! I would appreciate having some help here :) My problem is that I can't seem to be aable to load some internet sites such as hotmail.com or facebook etc....I did a HJT scan, and here it goes;

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 21:38:31, on 15/07/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\Boonty\BoontyBox\BoontyBox.exe
C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WgaTray.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\usnsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://fr.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://fr.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://fr.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = Liens
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [adsnwm] C:\WINDOWS\system32\adsnwm.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ROAD ITCH AMOK PING] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Long slow road itch\Heart gram.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avgnt] "C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe" /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [e4b6b75c] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\oodrxafv.dll",b
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BMe78584c0] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\ejqhadjc.dll",s
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [STYLEXP] C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXP.exe -Hide
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Ahead\Lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Remote extra] C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\APPLIC~1\DVDOPE~1\debug axis date.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Picasa Media Detector] C:\Program Files\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [27072374298807240636031203945333] C:\Program Files\XP Antivirus\xpa.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AdobeUpdater] C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Adobe\Updater5\AdobeUpdater.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - Startup: BoontyBox 01net.lnk = C:\Program Files\Boonty\BoontyBox\BoontyBox.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to AMV Converter... - C:\Program Files\MP3 Player Utilities 4.15\AMVConverter\grab.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: MediaManager tool grab multimedia file - C:\Program Files\MP3 Player Utilities 4.15\MediaManager\grab.html
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {0CCA191D-13A6-4E29-B746-314DEE697D83} (Facebook Photo Uploader 5) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/FacebookPhotoUploader5.cab
O16 - DPF: {149E45D8-163E-4189-86FC-45022AB2B6C9} (SpinTop DRM Control) - file://C:\Program Files\Turbo Pizza\Images\stg_drm.ocx
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w2/resources/MSNPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {5C6698D9-7BE4-4122-8EC5-291D84DBD4A0} (Facebook Photo Uploader 4 Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/FacebookPhotoUploader3.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D6F45B3-9043-443D-A792-115447494D24} (UnoCtrl Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/FR-CA/a-UNO1/GAME_UNO1.cab
O16 - DPF: {67DABFBF-D0AB-41FA-9C46-CC0F21721616} (DivXBrowserPlugin Object) - http://download.divx.com/webplayer/stage6/windows/AutoDLDivXWebPlayerInstaller.cab
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (MSN Games - Installer) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/ZIntro.cab56649.cab
O16 - DPF: {BD8667B7-38D8-4C77-B580-18C3E146372C} (Creative Toolbox Plug-in) - http://bmm.imgag.com/imgag/cp/install/crusher-caf.cab
O16 - DPF: {C3F79A2B-B9B4-4A66-B012-3EE46475B072} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsPAClient.cab56907.cab
O16 - DPF: {CC450D71-CC90-424C-8638-1F2DBAC87A54} (ArmHelper Control) - file://C:\Program Files\Turbo Pizza\Images\armhelper.ocx
O16 - DPF: {F5A7706B-B9C0-4C89-A715-7A0C6B05DD48} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineSweeper.cab56986.cab
O16 - DPF: {F8C5C0F1-D884-43EB-A5A0-9E1C4A102FA8} (GoPetsWeb Control) - https://secure.gopetslive.com/dev/GoPetsWeb.cab
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Personal – Free Antivirus Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Personal – Free Antivirus Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Boonty Games - BOONTY - C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\BOONTY Shared\Service\Boonty.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Service de l'iPod (iPod Service) - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: Service Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Firewall Monitor Service (NPFMntor) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\IWP\NPFMntor.exe
O23 - Service: Planificateur LiveUpdate automatique - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\FICHIE~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: StyleXPService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\TGTSoft\StyleXP\StyleXPService.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Fichiers communs\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

I would like to know if someone is able to see something wrong with it, and if so what do i need to do now...? :) Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!

Oh and I have forgot to mention that problem occured as soon as my anti-virus expired :S

Hi,

I have Windows 98 installed and IE 6. The latest fixes are installed from Microsoft website. Last time I used the computer, several weeks ago, it was fine.

The computer wont load Ebay, will load Yahoo but not the title bar etc at the top of the page and wont then load any of the linked pages when you click the links.

It will not load www.microsoft.com but will load support.microsoft.com.

It seems that its just useful websites/ sites I visit frequently it doesn't like.

I assumed this was some sort of virus - have used Mcaffee free virus scan over the net - found one trojan and I deleted the file. I installed Avast and have run that, found another trojan and deleted the file.

I have scanned for adware and Spyware and removed the relevant items.

I have removed temp files and all temp internet files and cookies.

I then installed Firefox browser and that behaves in the same manner as IE 6.

When trying to load ebay, after a few seconds the message at the bottom left of the IE screen reads: //C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/navcancl.htm

If you would need further details of the problem, please let me know.

If anyone knows how to cure this without a complete reformat and reinstallation, please could they let me know as I have been trying for several hours now,

Many thanks in advance,

Pete

spybot search and destroy is all u need

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.