Hi all, I have the same problem as robert 1023 had. My pc is custom built it has a amd duron 700mhz processor. I have two hard disks one ( let's call this hd-0) has windows vista with 4 days left to activate and have no product key, so that one's a lame duck. The other drive(let's call this hd-1) I installed windows 98se. this one won't connect to the internet. I downloaded the winstockfix to a disk useing hd-0. when I diconnect the cable from 0 and connect to 1 the CD won't read any files on the CD, it shows up as blank. can anyone please help?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi all, I have the same problem as robert 1023 had. My pc is custom built it has a amd duron 700mhz processor. I have two hard disks one ( let's call this hd-0) has windows vista with 4 days left to activate and have no product key, so that one's a lame duck. The other drive(let's call this hd-1) I installed windows 98se. this one won't connect to the internet. I downloaded the winstockfix to a disk useing hd-0. when I diconnect the cable from 0 and connect to 1 the CD won't read any files on the CD, it shows up as blank. can anyone please help?

did you install network card drives when installing win98 ,did it ever connect to the net with win98

was never able to connect with windows 98, can't install drivers for ethernet card error code 28. however when i switch drives i can connect. why won't the cd player read the files i downloaded from winstock? it reads files from my windows 98se disk. Any idea's??

did you close the cd when you burnt it ,been awhile since i used 98 ,seem to remember having trouble with 98 not reading disk that weren't closed,but that could have been win95 lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.