Webpage will not save for offline. Here's more info:

I have a webpage that is very difficult to import and save in Excel, Word, or send it as an email in Outlook. At work, I used Adobe Professional to save it as a pdf, which worked. But at home, the only thing that lets me store this page in it's original formatting is ironically, Gmail with the lab that allows pasting of pictures into emails. But the size is really awkward in Gmail; I have to scroll a lot to see the entire file= annoying! Is there a way I can save the webpage in it's original format for offline? When I try to save it in any format, it does not work. I get a blank page when I try to save it for offline and the notepad document has only the title. I wonder if the webpage uses some other program .. java? or something else? When I save it in html complete, I do not get a seperate folder.. I simply only save the html and the title. mhtml just gives me a blank page.

There has to be an end to this! I seriously have nearly 100 drafts in my Gmail, just saving webpages!

I am currently viewing the page as offline. Would it save if I was viewing the page online?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What i would recommend doing is:

In your web browser, save the web page... zip the files up. E-mail it to yourself, and then unzip the folder on your computer.

Then you should be able to view it offline. You need make sure you have the images folder and the html file.

If the page is a php file, you will not be able to view it offline.

A question though, if this website is only and your computer is online, why would you need to save it???

I said that the webpage will not save as and I tried all of the formats, even notepad! It only saves the title. The webpage is also not a php, as I know it.

The material on the website is considered confidential (it's not all that confidential, but it makes me unable to access the webpage after I close the browser. Also, once you are no longer on that page, it is impossible to get to that page again since the site is not navigable and the page is displayed only once). Also the timeout sessions for the site are at like 20 min intervals. To work on the site, I have to go offline. I also need the material of that webpage, as I do use the information for class.

I'm currently thinking of something that will save it as an image. Perhaps, screenshots and then combining them into one file. The website has a built in scroll bar so it will take a long time to get all of the screen shots.

I want a fast and efficient way to have this webpage offline. Any solutions, without any new programs to download?

I've heard of a scrapbook plugin for Firefox. I am not sure if it will apply to my case or not. Can you use the scrapbook plugin for offline work?

What i would recommend doing is:

In your web browser, save the web page... zip the files up. E-mail it to yourself, and then unzip the folder on your computer.

Then you should be able to view it offline. You need make sure you have the images folder and the html file.

If the page is a php file, you will not be able to view it offline.

A question though, if this website is only and your computer is online, why would you need to save it???

HEY! I found a solution Microsoft Office OneNote! I just have to learn to use it... AMAZING stuff!

Nice to hear it was solved, i'll keep that in mind for the future.

Good Luck for the future, and if you need any further help, please create a new thread.

Thread solved ;)

Cheers,

Cohen

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.