I've been using IE6 for a long time without any problems, but due to many websites I visit prompting me to upgrade my browser to IE8 because they wouldnt be supporting my browser much longer, I decided to upgrade to IE8. It works OK but my text is blurry. I read my email in Rogers Yahoo and the text is terrible, very blurry. I tried to adjust the sharpness in the video card driver but to NO avail. Nothing improves the blurriness. Has anyone had this problem? Even the text in this forum is blurry :(

If I remove IE8 using add and remove programs will it default back to IE6?

Thanks; Dougie

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

hi, i've never seen this on any computer i upgraded to ie8, are u using a lcd monitor ,did you try changing refresh rate up a little in monitor setting in video properties ,,and yes it will revert back to ie6 if you uninstall it

It works OK but my text is blurry

In the options for IE set the option to "Always use ClearType for HTML" under the "multimedia" heading in the "advanced" tab of the options window. That makes it look better on an LCD screen.

In the options for IE set the option to "Always use ClearType for HTML" under the "multimedia" heading in the "advanced" tab of the options window. That makes it look better on an LCD screen.

I just looked and it's already set to " Always use ClearType for HTML " and changing the refresh rate makes no difference at all.

I'm using XP Pro service pack 2 BTW!!

I haven't had much time this past week to look into this issue further til now. I'm not sure if this is the cause of the problem but tonite I opened my Control Panel ( classic view ) There are 2 icons there that have to do with my video card, one is nVIDIA control panel and the other icon is nView desktop manager. The nVIDIA control panel icon looks normal but the nView desktop manager dosen't, no color and it looks like an icon for an un-recognized file. Clicking on it I get an error message that says " Error loading C:\program files\nVIDIA corporation\nView\nvwdmcpl.dll The specified file cannot be found ". Is this a driver issue? I'm not sure how this happened but would it be a good idea to un-install my video card and re-install the drivers from the installation CD?

My video card is a BFG GeForce 7600 GT/OC PCI Express

Thanks

That is a good idea but I'd recommend getting the latest drivers from BFG or nVidia rather than using your install CD.

commented: yep good advice, and a link. well done. +21

Would installing the lates drivers replace the missing nvwdmcpl.dll file or is this a Windows issue. A Google search reveals lots of info and ways to replace this file. I don't want to download something that won't work or make the situation worse.

It should replace it. nv* files are generally nvidia driver files. "nvdisp" is one ive had a problem with in the past. At the very least it should make it any worse.

It should replace it. nv* files are generally nvidia driver files. "nvdisp" is one ive had a problem with in the past. At the very least it should make it any worse.

Sorry I've been so long in getting back to this problem, but with Christmas and everything, just NO time. I'm about to un-install and re-install my video card software. I want to make sure I get everything out so would it be best to un-install throught the device manager or just remove the software in the " add and remove " menu? Also, at any point should I physically remove the card / reboot, then re-insert and reboot to re-recognize the card. Thanks!!

Dougie

at any point should I physically remove the card / reboot, then re-insert and reboot to re-recognize the card. Thanks!!

No. Just deinstall the driver. Then reboot. Then reinstall the driver. Then reboot again.

No. Just deinstall the driver. Then reboot. Then reinstall the driver. Then reboot again.

In ' add and remove programs " there are 2 items related to my video card, nVidia drivers and nView desktop manager. Maybe I should un-install both??

Hi,
The desktop manager just helps you with your drivers it is not the driver. Just uninstall the nVidia drivers as suggested by jbennet.

I just looked at the contents of the installation disc and there is no seperate option to install the nVidia control panel and the nView desktop manager so obviousely it installs with the driver install. The only seperate installation is for directX 9. I just want to make sure that all reminents are removed before I re-install to make sure there are NO probllems!!

Thanks for all your help guy's :)

Dougie

I guess I should have cleared this thread off and mark it as solved but completely forgot about it until today when I got an email from Dani Web reminding me the I haven't been on in awhile and they " miss me " lol!!

I did completely un-installed my video card, drivers, software and anything I could find, re-installed everything and seems to be working fine now. I went back to the original nVidea drivers that came with the card and it seems to work better for me.

I was beginning to have problems with logging onto my banking site with IE. A call to my bank they advised me to switch to Mozilla Firefox, which I did. They said it was more secure and works better with their site. I've got used to it and like it very much and have seldom used IE since lol!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.