neutron007 0 Newbie Poster

CD/DVD+RW wrong freespace 7.99TB out of 700MB CD & can't burn CD's at all

Hello everyone! I've done a research and many things to fix this issue. I'll explain...

The system I'm trying to fix is a:

Dell Dimesion 4600
2.66mhz Intel Processor
2GB RAM
300GB HD
CD/DVD-ROM (don't remember the exact model) and...
_NEC DVD+RW ND 2100AD (which is the drive I'm having issues with)

The issue:

There was some spyware vundo and others. Which I think I've removed. But I'm suspicios it's not just a hardware issue now and that there must be more spyware or viruses that I haven't found.

When I was trying to burn a music CD in Sonic Record Now, It will tell me that my CD wasn't blank and asked me to insert a blank CD. But sometimes It would allow me to burn a music CD with Musicmatch (I know that's old but I love it), sometimes that doesn't work either.

The funny thing is that when I insert the blank CD, Windows autorun screen comes up asking what or how I want to add files to that Blank CD (Musicmatch, Sonic Record Now or Windows Media)

When I go to My PC and do right click/properties on the drive it says:

7.99TB of FREE SPACE!!!!

And yes, I'M 100% SURE IT'S A CD not a DVD!!!

Now what i've done.

Downloaded SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes' Antimalware and ran full scans with both with the most current updates.

Uninstalled NIS 2009 and Installed NIS2010 and ran a full scan too.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the CD/DVD drives (both of them)

Uninstalled Sonic Record Now and Installed Roxio Creator Pro 2010.

I updated the Firmware of the _NEC DVD+RW ND 2100AD directly from Dell.

Found out IMAPI was disable and it says under service it should be enable and running to be able to burn CD's after I enabled the service restarted the computer.

I tried to burn a music CD with RC pro 2010 and when I inserted the disc it said I had 1:19:39 of free space but when I hit the button to burn the CD a window said i had to remove 1:19:39 from my project as If I went over the free space limit.

I've looked everywhere and It seems nobody has an asnwer for this issue of the Blank CD displaying the wrong free space.

Superantispyware or Malwarebytes' nor NIS2010 can't find anything else in my computer...

Can anybody PLEASE HELP ME?

Thank you all in advance!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.