signup for now for Microsoft Office 2010 Beta ,if you want .
http://officebeta.microsoft.com/en-ca/products/?CTT=97

support after .same site actually
http://officebeta.microsoft.com/en-ca/support/?CTT=97

======================
Here are a few new features to help you get started with Microsoft Office 2010.

Introducing Microsoft Office Backstage™ view and customizable Ribbon. Whether it’s creating a new file, adding bullet points, or printing a document, Microsoft Office 2010 makes commands easy to find, so you can bring your ideas to life—fast.

Take a look Backstage. The new Backstage view replaces the traditional File menu to let you save, print, or share your work with just a few clicks.

- In the upper left-hand corner, click the File tab to open Backstage view.
- Select the task you would like to complete, such as open a new document, print, or share your work by emailing it or saving it to the Web.
- When you’re ready to return to your document, just click the File tab again.

In Microsoft Outlook® 2010, the Backstage view is where you’ll find Automatic Replies (Out of Office), Mailbox Cleanup, Manage Voice Mail, and more.

Get projects done more quickly with the Ribbon. With the improved, customizable Ribbon, all of your formatting tools—like font size, italics, bullets, and more—are never far away. Functions are clearly visible, and special contextual tabs even highlight the commands you need specifically for the task at hand.

A new layer of security is built in with Protected View. Files emailed to you or downloaded from the Web automatically open in the new Protected View so you can check them out before deciding whether to trust them. A message bar below the Ribbon gives you the option of enabling editing once you have determined the document is okay

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Thank you for that, I have downloaded it and I did not like word 2007 and I think 2010 is worse. Just my opinion but I like it nice and simple. I have removed most of the tool bar icons, down to the very basics, in 2003 and I like it like that. Again thank you for the link..

Thank you for that, I have downloaded it and I did not like word 2007 and I think 2010 is worse. Just my opinion but I like it nice and simple. I have removed most of the tool bar icons, down to the very basics, in 2003 and I like it like that. Again thank you for the link..

yeah i hear yah, I like it plain and simple here to.just thought i's share it !I quess if you really use the program to it fullest potential the tool bar is great ,the tab like feature of the main toolbar seem like it would be great for those that do use it to it fullest potential

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.