Afternoon all,

Having a bit of an issue with messenger, any help would be great before it slowly sends me insane!

Brief history of the issue, was getting another error code, so after a week I Googled it and saw copious suggestions that I solve remove it then reinstall.

Having removed Messenger, it would not reinstall as apparently I already had it on my laptop. Used Zapmessenger, installed great.

Went to login for the first time on new Messenger, and got the 8007007e error message. Tried a different login, same error. (both logins work fine on my BlackBerry though).

Googled it, ran sfc, ran zapmessenger, restarted, ran the windows removal tool, reinstalled - same error.

Then did the above but also utilising some pactches on Jonathon Kay's Messenger blog, same error.

Tried reinstalling again, same error.

Now getting rather concerned, partly due to my desk being so close to a window!

Any advice would be great.

Dazza :cool:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Now getting rather concerned, partly due to my desk being so close to a window!

Any advice would be great.

Hi,
First, try moving your desk further away from the window. lol

Try, uninstalling again but this time when you reinstall, install in a different location (New folder, My documents), if you have, a different drive or even partition would be good. You could also try downloading it again, in case there is a bug in the installation file or even download an earlier version and install that first.
If you are still having problems after that, I would look at downloading and running Trend Housecall, Microsoft security essentials, malwarebytes and Ccleaner.

Good luck

Hi,
First, try moving your desk further away from the window. lol

Try, uninstalling again but this time when you reinstall, install in a different location (New folder, My documents), if you have, a different drive or even partition would be good. You could also try downloading it again, in case there is a bug in the installation file or even download an earlier version and install that first.
If you are still having problems after that, I would look at downloading and running Trend Housecall, Microsoft security essentials, malwarebytes and Ccleaner.

Good luck

Thanks for your suggestions, I'm running the latest version of Symantecs Norton 360 (I've tried it with tha uninstalled). Cleaned the registry etc, but there's one thing that I've found that may be causing it.

On one of Microsoft$ help pages, it suggests restarting msxml.dll via command prompt, however, I always get an error at this point.

I'll try and add a screen shot of it if I can.

Regards,

Dazza

Hi,
You could be running a $1000.00 antivirus program and still get a virus. Give Trend housecall and malwarebytes a shot and at least you will be fairly sure your machine is clean.
The best way to check a machine is to use a boot up virus detector like UBCD (see my signature) and check your machine where everything is open to inspect. When windows is running a virus can still hide (that is look safe) from a virus detector.

Hi,
You could be running a $1000.00 antivirus program and still get a virus. Give Trend housecall and malwarebytes a shot and at least you will be fairly sure your machine is clean.
The best way to check a machine is to use a boot up virus detector like UBCD (see my signature) and check your machine where everything is open to inspect. When windows is running a virus can still hide (that is look safe) from a virus detector.

Evening, Bob

I'll have a look at that tomorrow when I've got a bit more time and I'll let you know; thanks for that.

Darren

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.