AVG for anti-virus and spyware trial.
Fyre for artistic messing about :P
Yahoo messenger for instant messaging is quite nice.
Audacity for audio editing and recording.

Have you had more experienc with REGSEEKER since you posted in June. I'm looking for a registry cleaner, and all the comercial ones I've seen so far are terribly expensive. I have 3 computers.

Yes.....

REGSEEKER is the VERY BEST cleaner.... Well worth giving it a home :)

Amazingly its still free and WELL WORTH IT :)

These tools are great!
Thanks heaps cancer10

Have you ever tried this one www.piriform.com download the Ccleaner its realy sharp on registry..and its free.

I agree CCleaner is great! Caution, though, if you give this to a newbie, only let them run the cleaner (not the other utilities) and only after you've analyzed to ensure they have nothing that could be problematic with custom apps. For a techie ... it will find most ills.

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Thanks for your reply and my advice helped you.
Well Ccleaner is full verified it does not cause any malfunction to any program. And it also adds the new programs in her list when you install and use any new program.

Thanks for your reply and my advice helped you.
Well Ccleaner is full verified it does not cause any malfunction to any program. And it also adds the new programs in her list when you install and use any new program.

I am confident using it because I have not found any problems with commercial apps.

I have, however, found problems with a few custom apps put together for some SMB groups. Most of these have to do with finding the last modification (surmountable -- remember what you did) but it is worth the caution as some users will have trouble with this. It is also worth a caution to developers ... following current standard practices helps avoid the problem.

I have read some ppl having alot of issues with CCLEANER,i took a look @ it one time and didnt like it,REG SEEKER is much better (And disk cleaner as a temp file remover)

To each their own. I use it for some circumstances. JV16 is still one of the best (and the last freeware version still works on XP). Regseeker looks like another good option --- some of this is in the interface and how we use it.

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Well i checked the new Ccleaner 2 (beta) but it have minor bugs so i uninstalled. Currently using v1.41.544 its running smooth and never found any bug with it.

CCleaner is much better than REGCLEANER :P

Anyway, For a freeware media player try Xion. Its good and skinnable.

Xion?

What formats does it play mate?

Most to my understanding, if you want skins or info for it go to http://customize.org/
They know more about it than me at the moment.

Recently have discovered this tools:
Panorama Tools – free panorama maker.
Allows to create big size beauty panaromas.

Poster Forge – free poster generator.
Allows to create wanted, movie, motivational, wanted posters and print them in wall size.

Thank you -- Welcome to the site :)

Hello,
The company I work for is giving away an inventory software product starting this holiday season that I think would be a good addition to the list of FreeWares you've provided.

http://free.businessaviator.com

The software at the site above is completely free inventory software (not shareware or a trial, with no expiration) that can be used for more complex inventory needs (like multiple locations, categorization and for utilizing different inventory valuation methods).

It also integrates with QuickBooks software rather nicely so it's ideal for those that are using QB and require extended inventory functionality.

Hope this finds everyone in good health,
Happy Holidays!

Thank you,welcome to the site :)

I like Audacity myself. Whenever i rip music from a CD to chuck it in my Computer, the last track sometimes has a really long bit of silence at the end going on for a couple of minutes. Audacity allows me to cut it out :) Great Little Program :)

check your MSN serunson i want to speak to u

I have just found an awesome video conversion tool & had to spread the word.
Check out any video converter at http://www.any-video-converter.com
I have never seen a freeware application that is this good.
So many others that charge 30 or 40 quid , you don;t need them this does the lot for free.

I have just found an awesome video conversion tool & had to spread the word.
Check out any video converter at http://www.any-video-converter.com
I have never seen a freeware application that is this good.
So many others that charge 30 or 40 quid , you don;t need them this does the lot for free.

This software isnt free.

This software isnt free.

You only have to pay for the professional versions. Go to "downloads" and scrolol down and you will find a free version.

I am closing this thread as it really does not belong here, is not discussing Windows software such as Word etc, and has become something of a spam hole.

I have been running Outpost Internet Security free for 3 months now combined with Firefox 13 on Windows 7 ultimate , having previously tried all the other usual suspects like Maxthon (used to be the best ), opera , chrome etc and all the popular antivirus like avira avast zone alarm etc . I now get no spyware , no ads in fact no anything . Ive taken off registry cleaners and use ccleaner only . What a pleasure not to have to run antispyware scans every few days .
I have read up on here many posts on difficult virus and trojan problems and how to get rid of them , this is the no 1 forum to find a solution . I see that many advocate a system restore which is ok but for a little cost and some research I kept an old hard disk from my previous desktop and installed it as a slave , then create full system copies (using macrium reflect) replacing them every few days . Now if a nasty does creep in I can restore a full uninfected operating system in 15 minutes safe in the knowledge that the virus will be eliminated . Installing the hard disk sounds like something for an expert but is really quite simple and there is plent of help and advice out there . How to ......... on google gets you to a really comprehensive site on how to do just about any task .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.