I installed a software that puts ads on screen top, it was not working so I un installed it, after that, if I click a link that opens in a new window, a new window is opened with an image of screen in it, the address bar does not show the new address and the browser does notdo anything. I have to manually copy shortcut from the original page, paste it and click GO.

I ran "Spy Sweeper" Software and cleaned,
I re-installed IE6 three times with re install all components once, fix once...
then searched google for help, I comeup with this nice site and found

IE 6 Can't open new windows from link clicked

I tried all solutions on those 3 pages,all run successfully except when I do
run > regsvr32 Shell32.dll
I get the following message

shell32.dll was loaded, but the dllRegisterServer entry point was not found.
dllRegisterServer may not be exported, or a corrupt version of Shell32.dll may be in memory. Consider using PView to detect and remove it.

I tried google on pview, It is a tool for C++ developer not a user

I used SFC to get a fresh copy of shell32.dll, reboot as needed still that problem exist.
I created a DOS batch file to delete shell32.dll and replace an extracted new copy of shell32.dll still the same

I have IE 6.0.28 with Win98 SE. PIII 550Mhz 128Mhz Ram
The work around is copy shortcut then past in the new window's address box, click go, but some sites open a box to ask your agreement on something, this copy/Pase methode does not work specially when the opened window does not have adress bar to pase into, and I can not continue, Sometimes it is a page to pay with credit card or something so I can't Finish what I started, please if you have a solution, I appreciate your help

Thanks

I'm having exactly this problem. It is disheartening to see that no one has replied to your post in the last three years!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.