Hell can you help me please, how can i put My Documents, MY Pictures in Windows Explorer or in My Computer...hoping for your positive responds...thank you in advance

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

What is your operating system? If it is Vista then you just drag the directory ontu your favorite links inside windows explorer.

What is your operating system? If it is Vista then you just drag the directory ontu your favorite links inside windows explorer.

hello sir thank you for the reply... my operating system is Windwos XP sir, i want to show this on my computer just like those my Drive C: and Drive D: is this possible sir?please help me sir hoping for your positive responds...thank you in advance...

Hello there!

Copy and execute this command on Run from start menu or press windows key + R, to bring up the run window:

REG ADD "[I]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\DelegateFolders\{59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee}[/I]" /VE /F

You should now have the shared documents restored in My Computer after a quick refresh.

Regards,
MatZO

Hello there!

Copy and execute this command on Run from start menu or press windows key + R, to bring up the run window:

REG ADD "[I]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\DelegateFolders\{59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee}[/I]" /VE /F

You should now have the shared documents restored in My Computer after a quick refresh.

Regards,
MatZO

hello sir thank you for the reply and helping me.okay i will try this sir and i will write again if i have doubt..more power to you sir...

Hello there!

Regards,
MatZO

hello sir i have question what is this "/VE/F"...where to put this sir?can i also rename the my documents into jemz documents hoping for your positive responds..thank you in advance...

hello sir i have question what is this "/VE/F"...where to put this sir?can i also rename the my documents into jemz documents hoping for your positive responds..thank you in advance...

Hello again!

'/VE' and '/F' are parameters from registry command line. Each one is intended to do something special in Windows configuration.

For example:
/VE -> Adds an empty value name <Default> for the key specified.
/F -> Force overwriting the existing registry entry without prompt.

How about renaming your My Documents folder, I can only say that with another registry tweak you are able to rename it how you want, but I'm not quite sure this time. Anyway, I prepared this time two small files; you need only to open them and it's done.

Regards,
MatZO

Hello again!

'/VE' and '/F' are parameters from registry command line. Each one is intended to do something special in Windows configuration.

For example:
/VE -> Adds an empty value name <Default> for the key specified.
/F -> Force overwriting the existing registry entry without prompt.

How about renaming your My Documents folder, I can only say that with another registry tweak you are able to rename it how you want, but I'm not quite sure this time. Anyway, I prepared this time two small files; you need only to open them and it's done.

Regards,
MatZO

Hi,

sir sorry for just now reply to you...last question sir how can i remove this shared documents and Administrator folder in my computer.thank you in advance...thank you sir for helping me more power to you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.