Hello everyone, I have an issue with an installation of Outlook 2007. I am also running Exchange 2007. On this client PC whenever I authenticate (it asks for username and password since this PC is not a member of the domain) Outlook freezes. I have other non-domain PC's that work, this one does not.

This is a clean install of Windows XP. I have removed all AV from the system and reinstalled office 2007.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Error message "Cannot open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to Microsoft Exchange with the current profile before you can syncronize your folders with you offline folders.

I can ping and browse my Exchange server, so I know I have a connection.

Can you connect to the users mailbox using OWA?

Try pinging the exchange server via NetBIOS name as well as FQDN… If one or the other does not work edit lmhosts or hosts respectively to ensure you can ping the server using both methods.
Finally I’d ensure that outlook is closed and use the control panel applet to delete the old profile and create a new one from scratch; and at least until you confirm connection I’d uncheck the box to “Use Cached Exchange Mode” (this will speed you up during troubleshooting).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.