Island_Boy_77 0 Newbie Poster

Hi all

Came across an interesting prob this week. Have a friend who has Office 2007 Home / Student edition, plus Word Reader 2003. He wanted to uninstall Word Reader 2003 (as part of a big tidy-up I was doing for him). Deleted his D partition (because it was empty), only to discover the the Word Reader had hidden it's MSOCache folder there!! I recreated D, and tried copying the MSECache folder from a PC that has Word Reader on it. Unfortunately, uninstalling the prog fails, and reinstalling gets to a certain point but then says "xxxx" file can't be found. I used MS's Software Removal Tool, but that didn't help.

If there a way to manually pull all the references to Word Reader out of the Registry so that Windows (Vista, SP2) will just install a new copy, so I can then uninstall it fully and make it all go away? I know why the MSECache (renamed to MSOCache) folder doesn't work - it's internal structure is not quite the same, even if the correct files required for an install / reinstall are there.

Thanks