Member Avatar
Angelvoice
Newbie Poster
4 posts since Jul 2005
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

Hello, New Friends!

I'm new here. What a marvelous world you all have here! Thank you for this fantastic resource! I am honored to be part of your community! /me tips my halo to all. 0:-)

I need help getting my desktop shortcuts to work again. I've got the latest version of Firefox, which I have even reinstalled, but my desktop shortcuts won't open. (I am not exactly sure when this problem first occurred.)

I run anti-virus and spyware software regularly, neither of which have detected anything. Also ran CWShredder. Nothing.

In WinXP, I went into Control Panel>Folder Options>Advanced and changed the "Internet Shortcuts" extensions to point all to firefox.exe [in Program Files>Mozilla Firefox folder] but to no avail.

Sure, I can copy/paste the URLs into Firefox manually, but that's a pain and it irritates me when I cannot solve something so seemingly simple. LOL :-|

All you smart geeks out there - please advise! Thank you in advance!!!

All the Best!

- Ångelvoice 0:-)

Member Avatar
alan reid
Newbie Poster
7 posts since Sep 2007

all my local desktop shortcut icons work fine.
its the ones for urls that wont work. i get a popup that gives the url and says " application not found"... nothing else. i noticed this problem
immediatly after installing firefox. i uninstalled
firefox but the problem remains. i know almost nothing about computers. please help!!!!!!

Member Avatar
otaipis
Newbie Poster
1 post since Dec 2009

Hi..I need u all help...please.....Internet shortcut that I save can open but the image in there not appear...but word can appear....why?

Member Avatar
jmhark01
Newbie Poster
1 post since Feb 2010

Hi,
I am unable to open the desktop shortcuts, the internet explorer and when I try to open anything in the start up it goes to browse. I have tried to resolve the problem with highjackthis, but this only got rid of some of the poroblems. Can you help me in this matter. Thank you.
Joe.

Member Avatar
doreen2k
Newbie Poster
1 post since Mar 2010

This is a common virus infection, I think you will need to reinstall your Windows after you scan the whole hard drive

You
This article has been dead for over three months: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: