annieonline 0 Newbie Poster

I have run into an odd problem, cannot figure out a solution and sure would appreciate any input! I am trying to help a fellow who loves to work with photos and videos, but suddenly lost the ability to transfer video files to his computer using the Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard....which has always been his way of getting the data onto his computer.

The memory card in his camera is recording these, and I can manually copy and paste the files onto his computer - but when he tries to bring them over using the wizard, the videos are not recognized. He took his camera in to London Drugs to have the memory card data transferred onto a disk - and their process also did not seem to recognize any video clips, only the photos transferred.

This seems to rule out his computer as the issue - and it happens using a number of different memory cards, so that should not be the issue, either. His other camera does NOT have this problem, but they use different types of chips....and he did not have the problem until last month.

He has used the same equipment and process for the past year without any issues, and we cannot track down anything that may have caused a change. I looked for possible updates for the wizard, or anything else which may have changed along the way - but have had no luck.

Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas would surely be welcomed - thanks! :4-dontkno