I can access any site except att.yahoo.net or www.att.net. I have Verizon DSL. AT&T claims it is my firewall/DSL provider blocking my access. I installed nothing new on my PC and all of a sudden I can't get to those two sites. I ran a trace route from my router to both sites and they were successful. So I'm at a loss as to why else to try.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

could try some little things like flushing dns and the such. What happens when you go to those sites? do they just say "page cannot be displayed"?

could try some little things like flushing dns and the such. What happens when you go to those sites? do they just say "page cannot be displayed"?

Yes, I get page cannot be displayed. Tried ipconfig /flushdns with no success. I've checked all the obvious in IE options.

Just for giggles, try giving your self a static dns. Good one to use is google's dns. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. If you are unsure how to do that let me know what os you are running.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.