Member Avatar
unknown1983
Newbie Poster
1 post since Apr 2011
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

Hi,

I use dual boot system. It is very time consuming to restart my computer every time I have to change to another OS. So was curious if there is a way to change OS in dual boot systems without having to restart the system. Thanks.

Love Is.....

Member Avatar
lordrt
Posting Pro
510 posts since Jul 2010
Reputation Points: 20 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 34 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

you could give this method a try, although it does mention a restart to achieve the process: http://300allpctips.blogspot.com/2009/07/quickly-switching-between-different.html

Member Avatar
caperjack
I hate 20 Questions
13,848 posts since Aug 2003
Reputation Points: 875 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 901 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 69 [?]
Team Colleague

Hi,

I use dual boot system. It is very time consuming to restart my computer every time I have to change to another OS. So was curious if there is a way to change OS in dual boot systems without having to restart the system. Thanks.

Love Is.....

no,one os needs to be shut down first
3rd party program will only shut os down faster ,other os will load the same as now .

with windows 7 pro,enterprise or ultimate versions only . you can run winxp mode and switch between the 2 with out a restart ,you can even copy and paste between the 2

Member Avatar
caperjack
I hate 20 Questions
13,848 posts since Aug 2003
Reputation Points: 875 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 901 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 69 [?]
Team Colleague

I think the problem is temporary, couldn't solve the problem is the system fixed

what!!

You
This article has been dead for over three months: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: