Hi,

Everybody, i have started this thread to tell wat are the softwares i use and how i maintain my computer, i would appreciate if any one comments on this and give their opinion about these softwares

I have a P-4 2.6 GHz, 384 MB of RAM with 80 GB of HDD

Operating System - Windows XP Professional SP2
McAfee Antivirus 2005 v.9.0
Ad-Aware SE Personal
XoftSpy 4
PC Bug Doctor
Windows Washer
Registry Mechanic 5.0
Easy Cleaner
Clean Disk
Advanced System Optimizer
HijackThis

Since last one year i have never formatted my HDD, Never my system got infected with virus

I have disabled Automatic Updates, I make a Complete System Scan for virus and spyware every 15-20 days

I wash my computer with windows washer before shuttingdown

I scan for unwanted registry entries every week using Registry Mechanic, easy cleaner and Advanced Sys. Optimizer,

I scan with Pc Bug Doctor and fix some minor problems

I Compact the registry using Advanced system Optimizer every week, which make the startup really fast

Once in two days i disable the system restore and re-enable it again so that it free up some space

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

No body is interested in windows software forum

Hi,
It's quite impressive what you do to keep your computer free of viruses and malicious software.

But, have you thought of the possibility that one day your computer does get infected with something and maybe even crashes? Have you thought about backing up your HD or some individual files occassionally? This way you can be absolutely sure that whatever happends you can restore everything the way it was.

I would recomend you Acronis True Image http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/, i use it myself and it did actually save my PC once after a complete system crash (i don't use so much preventive software as you - maybe that's the reason something got to my PC).

I did change my antivirus after this incident and since then nothing happened, but i still backup regularly just in case and recomend everyone to do so.

Hello,

I agree with the other poster that you do not mention any sort of backups at all, nor do you break your system partition up so that you have another partition with your data. Yes, this means C: and D:

And I am so happy that I have to do less than 1/3 of your list to keep my linux and mac computers happy.

Christian

Hello,

I agree with the other poster that you do not mention any sort of backups at all, nor do you break your system partition up so that you have another partition with your data. Yes, this means C: and D:

And I am so happy that I have to do less than 1/3 of your list to keep my linux and mac computers happy.

Christian

eeeeeee... :eek: sorry i 4got to mention it i already backed up my C drie using Norton Ghost it took 4 cd's to backup

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.