abc.{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}
this will change the display and content like recycle bin
"try it and reply "

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

it`s work....
really stupid

lol.....what happen in there

Interesting and fun. Is there a practical use for it, I wonder?

really stupid

Yes so stupid IM NOT GONNA BOTHER :D

these are called GUIDs. There are hundreds of such, most notable ones are

Try these
Recycle Bin - %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe shell:RecycleBinFolder //Run from Start > Run
Flip3d - C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe DwmApi #105 //Run from Start > Run
CP Advance - shell:::{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
RecycleBin – shell:::{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}

And the best is God Folder
Basically you make a folder and name it as GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

But actually you can name that into anything, now just Godmode

I don't remember what it is exactly, but if you Google it, you can go into something called Windows 7 God Mode (just a list of all the settings from control panel, but still very interesting).

K, I got a very Important folder, and i tried it. Now all my data is gone. How to undo the change?

Restore your computer and check whether its ok or not.
May be you can get it..
Don't do such a thing specially to your important file/folder...

Now on a mission to get back all the files....Restoring is too taxing for the purpose.....

That was awesome, i got it... I got all of them back....
I archived it with winrar, then opened it, went to the sub folder, there i was able to see the files, then just extracted it....
I tried exactly 32 method to get the files back, over 2 hrs. Finally it worked....
Hope this info will be useful to everyone....

How nize....
Yes, it will be helpful to others:)

Well There is something else, that i wanted to tell,
you see, when you add the extention {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}
You know you are changing the identifier of the folder, with CLSIB, Then if we need to get back the files, we need to change that extention which is not possible in wndows....
So in order to change it, open command prompt, use rename function eg. rename E:\Hi.{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} Finally(New folder name to be given)
and hit enter, now the folder will be back as normal, but the files will still be unseen, just like a clean recycle bin, but the files are there,
so archive it now, and extract the indivial files from winrar. ie. Go deep in to e:\finally (In winrar), then select all then extract..
As long as the folder extention is present, winrar will just extract the whole folder (Recycle bin) as it is with out effect....

Well sorry for the incomplete step before. I did too much things together that, it took me sometime to understand what did what.....

Please try this, in an non empty folder(Please no important files please) and let me know if it works....

Interesting and fun. Is there a practical use for it, I wonder?

Well I guess, now that we know how to extract the files back, i find a lot of practical uses for it.....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.