Hello,

Which of these security software products, McAffee SecurityCenter, Norton 2011 or ZoneAlarm Extreme Security, should I buy? My subscription for SecurityCenter is almost up and I'm wondering if I should renew. SecurityCenter has been good, if a bit overzelous, in in eating nasty things, but I've heard reports that it isn't as good as others.

If Norton is the best, which version of 2011 is the best for home PC protection. After all, I want to make sure my oscallating fan is fully protected from David Hasselhoff. :)

I had ZoneAlarm for many years, but I always felt that it was a bit too "in your face" for my tastes.

My subscription expires on the 23rd, so a quick answer would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Peace out and God bless.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hard to choose... (for me at least)

I would rule out ZoneAlarm. It's good in general but it's also very good at eating your recources. I once use Zonealarm product and got bloated few month later.

Might I suggest you use either McAfee or Norton for better one...

I would go for Norton Internet Security

Out of the three McAffee is the best. Not really the best out there in the world but comparing with Norton and Zonealarm, it is better. Zonealarm is good but takes up a lot of space, Norton is not very good. There are problems about the software all the time so i would not use that. So McAffee is my choice:)

Why limit yourself only to those three options?
Frankly, if you are going to spend money on protection and want to go the full security suite route, Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 is difficult to beat.

I have been recommending Kaspersky for almost ten years now. I've watched as other AV products have diminished in quality or simply fallen by the wayside. Not so with Kaspersky - they seem to keep getting better.

LOL! Maybe they should put me on the payroll!! ;)

Cheers :)
PP

I am using Avast,But not satisfied from it , I am going try for the Norton Antivirus.It sounds well.Is here link to get download free.Thanks in advance.

I also use Avast but not the paid one... happen to switch from crappy ad Avira. So far it's good except it got my online games to lag once...

I'm not sure about Norton product these days because I too once use Norton but older version and hate to say, it allow some virus to enter my pc and worst, it blocked some program that's not even a virus to begin with...

McAfee... havne't try yet but so far the best out of three AV you want us to compare...

Why limit yourself only to those three options?
Frankly, if you are going to spend money on protection and want to go the full security suite route, Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 is difficult to beat.

I have been recommending Kaspersky for almost ten years now. I've watched as other AV products have diminished in quality or simply fallen by the wayside. Not so with Kaspersky - they seem to keep getting better.

LOL! Maybe they should put me on the payroll!! ;)

Cheers :)
PP

Lol, PP :D.

Kaspersky is awesome so does its anti virus. I bear a grudge against Norton after it fail to clean up the virus properly. There is a link here you can take a look. Not sure whether the review and ratings are reliable but still why not have a look at it:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.