Hello:

We get the following message when we boot up our Windows Vista laptop, along with it popping up at any time at all when we are using the computer. This is what it says:

Java Virtual Machine Launcher

Could not find the main class:com.anabel.pp.JettyPersonalizationServerMain.Program will exit.

Any help in how to get rid of this message would be appreciated. Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Disable Java under 'msconfig'

To do this, type 'msconfig' under Run and it should open a new windows. Select startup tab and disable Java and any programs that not necessarily used but do not disable any 'system32' programs.

Disable Java under 'msconfig'

To do this, type 'msconfig' under Run and it should open a new windows. Select startup tab and disable Java and any programs that not necessarily used but do not disable any 'system32' programs.

Hello:

Thank you for your response. I did this, and Java was already disabled. Help!

I've done some research for this.

Try downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program from HERE

Then run Update for the program and run Full Scan after update is done...

I've done some research for this.

Try downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program from HERE

Then run Update for the program and run Full Scan after update is done...

I already had the Malware program installed on my computer but hadn't run a full scan in quite awhile. It actually found no malware. What I did find, however, was a couple of items in my msconfig relating to some kind of homepage program my husband had inadvertantly installed. After I unchecked these two items, the message went away, finally. Thank you for all of your help!

I had this exact message. Can you tell me what programs you unchecked?

I had this exact message. Can you tell me what programs you unchecked?

GenieoSystem
GenieoUpdate

Hope this helps!

commented: information provided helped me solve an issue with unwanted programs +0

Yes, I had both of those programs and disabled them. Thanks!

Yes, I had both of those programs and disabled them. Thanks!

No problem. This website is great! Glad to help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.