Firefox Vs Chrome

Member Avatar
jantanik
Newbie Poster
9 posts since Aug 2011
Reputation Points: -3 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

I have tried many browsers and find the best by far is Mozilla Firefox. It has more features, good add-ons, and plug-ins. I don't like chrome because of how pages are loaded, some don't work, and it very often just shows a blank screen for me.

Member Avatar
caperjack
I hate 20 Questions
13,854 posts since Aug 2003
Reputation Points: 875 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 902 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 69 [?]
Team Colleague

I have tried many browsers and find the best by far is Mozilla Firefox. It has more features, good add-ons, and plug-ins. I don't like chrome because of how pages are loaded, some don't work, and it very often just shows a blank screen for me.

i like most browser ,what i don't like is signature link spammers

Member Avatar
cwarn23
3,028 posts since Sep 2007
Reputation Points: 387 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 281 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 15 [?]
Team Colleague
Featured

I would have to say Chrome is better of those two because chrome is Firefox's offspring. I guess you could say Chrome is the son of Firefox and Safari with Safari being the Mother. This is because Chrome is based on Safari code and the funding that went into Firefox got transferred into Chrome. So you could say Chrome is the next generation browser if you will. :)

Member Avatar
Stefano Mtangoo
Senior Poster
3,713 posts since Jun 2007
Reputation Points: 441 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 394 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 2 [?]

I love firefox because I'm used to. It have never failed me that much so why shift anyway? BTW I have Opera, Chrome, FF for testing web apps

Member Avatar
cwarn23
3,028 posts since Sep 2007
Reputation Points: 387 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 281 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 15 [?]
Team Colleague
Featured

I love firefox because I'm used to. It have never failed me that much so why shift anyway? BTW I have Opera, Chrome, FF for testing web apps

Well the thing with web browsers is you use what works for you. The reason is if I were to use firefox, it will crash within the first hour due to having so many tabs open. However in opera and chrome, there are multi-threading capabilities that combat this bug which firefox and many other browsers do not possess. However by using lots of tabs in Opera and chrome I am limited to what features I can use and how easy it is for features to be implemented. But that is why I chose chrome and Opera as my primary browsers as they are the only ones that do not crash on me after an hour of intensive work and they get the job done. So really its like the following formula.

<?php
$your_needs=20; //percent
$browser_efficiency=100; //percent;
echo (4-floor(4/(($your_needs/$browser_efficiency)*5)));
YOUR RESULT TO WHICH BROWSER
0 = chrome
1 = opera
2 = internet explorer
3 = safari
4 = firefox

So following that script is an example of how you can find the right browser for the right person. :)

Member Avatar
Stefano Mtangoo
Senior Poster

Well the thing with web browsers is you use what works for you. The reason is if I were to use firefox, it will crash within the first hour due to having so many tabs open. However in opera and chrome, there are multi-threading capabilities that combat this bug which firefox and many other browsers do not possess. However by using lots of tabs in Opera and chrome I am limited to what features I can use and how easy it is for features to be implemented. But that is why I chose chrome and Opera as my primary browsers as they are the only ones that do not crash on me after an hour of intensive work and they get the job done. So really its like the following formula.

<?php
$your_needs=20; //percent
$browser_efficiency=100; //percent;
echo (4-floor(4/(($your_needs/$browser_efficiency)*5)));
YOUR RESULT TO WHICH BROWSER
0 = chrome
1 = opera
2 = internet explorer
3 = safari
4 = firefox

So following that script is an example of how you can find the right browser for the right person. :)

IE is out of equation for me ;)

Member Avatar
jingda
Industrious Poster
4,424 posts since Mar 2011
Reputation Points: 135 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 174 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 1 [?]
Featured

If you like a simplified and easy to use browser, chrome would be the choice ( as I learnt recently ). If you like to customize your browser and many fancy features Opera or Firefox would be good.

Member Avatar
Stefano Mtangoo
Senior Poster

I would like to thank you all for sharing your valuable posting.

Close thread!

nicolasmith501
Newbie Poster
11 posts since Feb 2012
Reputation Points: -6 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]
Banned

chrome

Member Avatar
sheena2012
Newbie Poster
22 posts since Feb 2012
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 2 [?]

You are correct, but when i found chrome has the same features, i switched. Chrome and firefox only differs on the speed of searches and easy access on google.com

Member Avatar
jbennet
17,127 posts since Apr 2005
Reputation Points: 1,618 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 736 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 38 [?]
Team Colleague
Featured

I dont like google, but chrome is nicer for me from a web development point of view. the f12 tools are sweet.

Member Avatar
jingda
Industrious Poster
4,424 posts since Mar 2011
Reputation Points: 135 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 174 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 1 [?]
Featured

This thread is so long ago -,-

You
This article has been dead for over three months: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: