Hi, I have a quick question. Is there any possible way to get the second restoration from Microsoft to reinstall ME to a computer? It was lost in a move and we need to reinstall the computer with ME. Any help would be appreciated, thanks! I don't know what service pack my computer is, though.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

MS probability threw away all its ME disks ,lol.
Juse get a copy of win 98se somewhere and load it

Microsoft doesn't have ME anymore. You might be able to get it from eBay, or something, but I wouldn't recommend installing a 6 year old OS that hasn't had updates for it in over 2 years on a PC these days... you're just screaming, "GIVE ME A VIRUS!"

If at all possible, I'd get the machine upgraded to run Windows XP. It has its fair share of trouble, yes, but not the stupid stuff ME had.

Microsoft doesn't have ME anymore. You might be able to get it from eBay, or something, but I wouldn't recommend installing a 6 year old OS that hasn't had updates for it in over 2 years on a PC these days... you're just screaming, "GIVE ME A VIRUS!"

If at all possible, I'd get the machine upgraded to run Windows XP. It has its fair share of trouble, yes, but not the stupid stuff ME had.

One of the first new copies I bought of XP Home is an Upgrade version, if you went with that and restoration of ME, that should work as well to give you one that has the needed additions...but since upgrades to ME were hampered, how well would the XP upgrade FROM ME work? Just curious on this front

BILL

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.