Videos from youtube can be downloaded by various means.
But some of the videos belong to a particular channel which cannot be downloaded by any youtube download softwares that i tried.
Eg: The videos 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugiANaZQSkI&feature=watch-now-button&wide=1' or 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkNc2rlLSgk&feature=watch-now-button&wide=1' belong to youtube channels and cannot be downloaded by many of the video download softwares like internet download manager, etc i tried. They only seem to download a .htm file and nothing more. Please let me know if there are any softwares that help in doing this.

Note:This is solely for personal usage and is not intended towards copyright violation.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Sometimes I have to set my browser to display the raw html code so I can see what the real URL is for the video. Then, I can download from that URL directly to an FLV file. That I can either play with a suitable video player such as VLC, or I can convert it to another more usable format (mpg2, etc) using a video transcoder such as ffmpeg.

Well using the extracted URL http://youtu.be/ugiANaZQSkI I was able to get this to play in Chrome on my Linux (RHEL 6) system. I can't find the actual file URL to download however, so it may be protected. I'll repost if I find a way to access it.

The video seems too long. Maybe your youtube downloader is unable to handle such a big movie.

I'll tell u a little way to get it. I made this video, and if you watch it you'll realize you can download from any website with ease.

Youtube Video on how videos are stored

did you have to do it so friken fast .lol

did you have to do it so friken fast .lol

Just had to make the rest of us look a bit lame (sic) - :-)

Just in case somebody doesn't know, Lame is the producer of one of the most popular mp3 codecs out there... :-)

not going to take my Ritalin for a couple of days and then maybe i will be able to keep up with it .lol

Mind commenting about my video? Was is remotely useful?? I'm wondering here if you found it as an easy way and useful or not!

sorry i cant follow all the pages changing so fast ,gave up trying ,but i did get the gist of it, watch the video so that it gets saved to temp file and then make changes to its extension and walla you got the video ,or something like that

yep! exactly that
Browsers store videos in a cache folder, thats why when you play the video 2nd time it doesn't buffer. I have given the locations to the cache folder for different browsers in that notepad. Just pasting it in Run box will take you to it and you can just copy paste the video that is stored. This has 2 advantages. One is you save lots of time because you don't need to use a software to redownload it and second is if your using a limited internet connection with charges on data transfer then you save a lot of MB!

Very useful, yes, but less irritating without the sound! :-)

Member Avatar for sikeryali

Install Internet Download Manager (IDM) v6.07.15. Integrate it into your favorite browser and you are done. Just play any online video and IDM will suggest to download that video by blinking 'Download this video" icon on top of that video.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.