We have a bunch of on-call techs and currently use an answering service in the off-hours which costs way too much. I am looking to automate this and someone has got to have a software out there that does this:

When a call comes in (via analog line and modem) the software answers it and plays a recorded message while using a secon line to dial a list of phone numbers until someone answers (and maybe presses a number or something). The system then connects the two calls and drops then lines when the call is done.

I would like to find somethig that runs in Windows, but we can do a Linux app also... Anyone know of how we could get this done?

This is called automatic call distribution software. I had software that would do that back in the 1980's so there must be something now. Try a Google search on the terms "automatic call distribution software" and you will get a lot (over 3.6M) of hits.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.