Would anyone know what happen to my system?
When I tried to install Netscape, "internet connectivity error Socket error 30240".

As for Opera or Firefox, althrough I've successfully install them, the problem is there is no connectivity to those two browser.

would anyone knows what's the likely problem here ?

Would anyone know what happen to my system?
When I tried to install Netscape, "internet connectivity error Socket error 30240".

As for Opera or Firefox, althrough I've successfully install them, the problem is there is no connectivity to those two browser.

would anyone knows what's the likely problem here ?

I developed the same problem - Netscape won't install, Firefox can't connect. IE seems to work OK - maybe a bit slower. My ISP is Cox. I have dowloaded some Cox Security software but it won't install because of an internet error. Netscape gives me the socket error 30240. I have tested my cable modem and reinstalled via repair Win XP Pro. I have used three different Registry analyzers and my sytem is reported as clean. My disk is fine and I think my memory is OK. I am sharing your problem. Unless you figured out that it was that ??? little stupid thing we overlooked....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.