Since McAfee added their very own search bar on my home page without asking my permission when I bought the security software, Yahoo appears to be spoiling the Google search engine, redirecting, and possibly uploading my hard drive making me resort to THEIR Yahoo search engine...(by the way, Yahoo is a Cherokee Indian word for a**h*le and was taught as a yell to the white man and they are still yelling it to this day)

BitBlt commented: Your derivation of Yahoo is incorrect. +0

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Which browser do you use? Before you reply, have a look in your Add Remove Programs and see if there is anything by Yahoo (thanks for the definition!) that you can uninstall there.

McAfee is one of the tackiest antivirus packages going. There are many free packages that are better. Open a thread here to discuss it when you're due to renew. :)

I agree with BigPaw. Go to Control Panel and click "Add Or Remove Programs". Look for the Yahoo stuff. Also, if you are using a browser with add-ons or "Plug-ins" look in the plug-ins manager of the browser and remove the plugin or add-on. If McAfee prompts you of security risks just ignore them and click ok.

From Dictionary.com:

Ya·hoo   /ˈyɑhu, ˈyeɪ-, yɑˈhu/
noun, plural Ya·hoos.
1. (in Swift's Gulliver's Travels ) one of a race of brutes, having the form and all the vices of humans, who are subject to the Houyhnhnms.
2. ( lowercase ) an uncultivated or boorish person; lout; philistine; yokel.
3. ( lowercase ) a coarse or brutish person.

The term was coined by Jonathan Swift in his very famous book Gulliver's Travels (1726)

Not defending Yahoo, but please don't be spreading BS here.

commented: Props for knowing about that. +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.