I use Windows 7 PRO and MS Office 2003. Have had no problems until now. I use automatic updating and the Dec 11th release had 3 relating to office 2003. None will install although all the other updates did. I've tried MS help and they've run and said they fixed things but hadn't. They tried to guide me through a method of updating the registry but when I tried the program would say it was not designed to work with my software! The program was supposed to turn on logging during the update. Any ideas that would help? rottog2@mchsi.com

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Switch to Linux? :-) Not the answer you would like, I'm sure! In any case, Office 2003 is a bit dated (9 years old), so it may not be well-supported on Win7. I have a Win7 laptop for work, but we are running Office 2010. Any chance you can update to a newer version of Office? What about OpenOffice/LibreOffice?

Have you applied the latest service pack for Office? Or uninstall and reinstall office?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.