Hi everyone.. I'm stumped on something.

Does anyone know what WINDRES is? I know it is a Windows Resource Compiler but I'm not sure what this means in the big picure in different situations.

I must have water in my keyboard because when I search on this I can't find a single good explanation that I can understand.

In english, can someone please explain what this is and how it works. Maybe there is a good book which explains what things like Windres are?

Thanks again everyone, soo sorry for my millions of questions.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Click Here
a good read on resorce compiler,search the net and you will find everything you want to learn about ,just use the right search words for best results.
ifa resorce compiler was something the computer average used needed,we would have already know what it was for, and would not have to search google for an answer .

I must have water in my keyboard because when I search on this I can't find a single good explanation that I can understand.

Done that

The Microsoft Windows Resource Compiler (RC) is a tool used in building Windows-based applications.

so unless you are versed in computer programing you will not need a Resource Compiler,if you are versed in computer programing ,you would already know what a Resource Compiler was ,good luck

Not versed,, still learning.
Thanks caperjack

good luck learning ,just remember google is a great place to start also wikipedia is very helpfullClick Here

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.