Hello,

I sure hope one of you computer geniuses can help me! I am working from home as a virtual admin assistant and I am using Outlook 2000 with Windows XP. We use the AOL security, and are connected to the Internet through our cable company.

I have two email accounts set up in Outlook. The one works fine. The other, will receive mail, but when I send with that account, the email is never received. I have checked and double checked and cannot find anything wrong with my account set up. Everyone else that works on this particular project uses their Outlook with no problems.

I do not receive any error messages, nothing is stuck in the outbox.

I am sick of using their web based email and sure hope someone can help me!

Check your pop3 settings. Make sure the server,port,authentication,etc is all correct. You should be able to compare it to your other account that works.

I have checked and rechecked the POP3 account, and have even gone over every step of it with one of my team members that uses the same account. I have everything set up properly. It still doesn't work.

humm, maybe firewall/router settings. analyze logs/alerter, packet analyzer

What anti virus software are you using?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.