My AIM messenger does not show the text in the chatboxes. All i see is a blank chatbox. When I press and hold the mouse over the blank space, the cursor goes in and out of the wait symbol and the default symbol. For some reason my internet explorer also does not work. Every webpage is blank like my AIM chatboxes. When I hover the cursor over the webpage it also goes in and out of the wait and default cursor. I tried reinstalling AIM, Java, and Adobe Flash Player but it doesnt work. How can I fix this? I use Windows 7 64 bit. Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

you could try this ,
Go to the IE ,open tools option in the menu bar, select "internet options" from the drop down. Go to the "Advanced" tab and click on the Reset button below.

if that makes no difference try this ,
changed the following under tools>internet options>connections, LAN settings unchecked the Automatically detect settings, close IE and try again in both cases

you could try this ,Go to the IE ,open tools option in the menu bar, select "internet options" from the drop down. Go to the "Advanced" tab and click on the Reset button below.if that makes no difference try this , changed the following under tools>internet options>connections, LAN settings unchecked the Automatically detect settings, close IE and try again in both cases

I tried both, but it still doesnt work. If I go to a site like yahoo I can hover the mouse and see the tooltips and the links work. The websites are just blank spaces though.

Try a different browser like chrome or firefox to see if the same happens with them.

run a system update and see if the problem will be solved. or you can delete IE and Install it again.

try going into tools and internet option again an set security and privacy to default ,and as already said try firefox or chrome browsers

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.