Sapphire is what most overclockers tend to use from what I've heard. I'm actually picking up a Sapphire 9800 pro today after I get out of class. Dual athlons, 1.5gb of ram, mmmmm. I'm gonna own on Unreal!

Couldnt be althlons need to be MPs ;)

a:: barton 2500's ALL over clock to Barton 3200's with out Much temp increase

b:: if some one uses 'sucks' to describe CPU performance then don't listen to them

c:: if playing games either you want the 9800 ati, or the 5900/5950 nvid otherwise don't bother.

d::consider getting a decent pair of hard drives and running them in stripe mode

e:: there are some nice lan boards on ebuyer that have duel gig lan and look good, if that's what you're into.

a:: barton 2500's ALL over clock to Barton 3200's with out Much temp increase

b:: if some one uses 'sucks' to describe CPU performance then don't listen to them

c:: if playing games either you want the 9800 ati, or the 5900/5950 nvid otherwise don't bother.

d::consider getting a decent pair of hard drives and running them in stripe mode

e:: there are some nice lan boards on ebuyer that have duel gig lan and look good, if that's what you're into.

a: Wrong! Some Barton 2500s will NOT reach the necessary 200 MHz fsb

b: Agreed. Actually you could tell someone saying that they're a dipstick!

C: If you wish to play the most recent games at high screen resolution, and with Anisotropic filtering and AntiAliasing features set at a high level, then the statement is correct. Otherwise, it's a load of twaddle. Even a GeForce4 MX will run most recent games, albeit at reduced display settings.

d: RAID configuration does very little for games.

e: Dual LAN can be a bonus, but only if you've a need for it.

suRoot, you should really get your facts straight before making blunt statements. ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.