I have a hotmail e-mail account and I cannot recieve from Yahoo. I set up a yahoo account and tried to send myself an email to my hotmail account and it did not work. I can send and recieve emails with my hotmail account. Does anyone know if/how you can receive from yahoo or do they just not allow it?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

What !! can you send a email to your yahoo from your hotmail !!

Does anyone know if/how you can receive from yahoo or do they just not allow it?

If that were the case what would be the sence in yahoo having a email server !

yes, my email from hotmail to yahoo went through fine. I even put my yahoo email on my contact list so it would be 'safe' and my junk filter is on as low as it will go. Help someone!!!

I don't even understand. Please reword that posting.

I have a customer with the same problem. She has a Hotmail account that will not receive E-mail from anyone with a Yahoo account. So this is not unique. I checked her "Rules", she had no restrictions. If anyone knows the solution to this problem, I'd be more than grateful to hear what the solution would be.

This problem seems to crop uip every so often. I think it's hotmail. If it get's a bunch of spam from yahoo ip addresses it automatically blocks the ip's.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.