i've just recently experienced this problem 1-2 days ago...when i try to open internet explorer, it takes a HUGE amount of time to open the actual program (opening web pages is fine)...i've tried searching on ad-aware (nothing), restarting + shutting down computer (still nothing), repairing IE (again, nothing), as well as uninstalling IE6 (thus going back to IE5...where the same long program loading time happens!) and reinstalling it...and you guessed it, it didn't work either! this problem is really starting to bug me... :mad:

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

also, i have a problem when searching on google...it seems to take forever to finish loading when i type in a search thread...does anyone else have this problem?

Which OS are you using?

i'm using windows 2000..

Make a back up of your registry & try this if you like. It may help, it may not. If not, just restore the backup. You can just back up the key if you wish.

Open up the Registry and go to :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Explorer/RemoteComputer/NameSpace

Under that branch, select the key :

{D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}

Right click it and select "Delete". Confirm the deletion & you are done. Try it out & see if it makes a difference.

okay...i just tried that but nothing happened...but then again when i tried to delete it i couldn't delete the whole tring, only the data...it says "Unable to delete all specified values"...do you have any other suggestions? that'd be great...

**ps, i'll read the "how you got infected"....if the big red letters is for me :)

okay...i just tried that but nothing happened...but then again when i tried to delete it i couldn't delete the whole tring, only the data...it says "Unable to delete all specified values"...do you have any other suggestions? that'd be great...

**ps, i'll read the "how you got infected"....if the big red letters is for me :)

That message is for all. It's a part of my Sig :) . It wouldn't hurt now to run some spyware tools to eliminate that from the picture.

Download HijackThis from here & unzip it into it's own, permanent folder, (Not a temporary folder or the desktop & not directly on your hard drive). Start HJT & press the scan button. When the scan is finished the scan button will change to save. Save the log to a text file, copy the entire contents of the text file & paste it into the body of your post. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET. Most of what is there is harmless & even necessary to the running of your system.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.